Friday, June 14, 2013

I Should Be Put In The Guinness Book of World Records

Well, dear readers, I’ve done it. The biggest feat known to man since the ‘red dot’ was created as a cat toy. (Seriously, cats chase these around for hours. It’s hilarious.)

Yes, guys, you’ve guessed it. I now…HAVE EVEN LESS OF A SOCIAL LIFE THAN BEFORE!

And, before you say it, I know what you all are saying: How is that even possible? One word, guys: Childcare. I work with kids, I babysit kids, and when I’m not at work or babysitting, I’m passed out from a lack of energy.

Don’t get me wrong – my jobs are great. If you haven’t already noticed, I’m basically a big kid myself, so playing with kids is right up my alley – For example, I think Sesame Street is hilarious (have you SEEN the cookie monster!?), I love kid movies (‘Hotel Transylvania’ is one of my new favorites), I’m stupidly hyper most of the time, I can barely dress myself, and I dance like a rhythm-less two year old. And, if you need any more proof…I spend most of my time not working planning a business around a fat, orange cat. Seriously, it’s a wonder someone isn’t babysitting me.

However, since I’m physically a 20 year old who has the appearance of a 25 year old and the joints of an 80 year old, hanging out with kids can get just a little tiring.

And, unfortunately, it, like any job does, cuts into my friend time. So, I would like to take a moment to apologize to everyone I’ve had to cancel plans with because some last minute babysitting came up (Soulmates and Ninja, this means you…)

So, here I am to reassure everyone: when it seems like I don’t want to hang out because I’m never free and I’m sometimes forced to cancel plans, it’s not you. It’s either because I’m working or work has affected me so much that I look like this:
Seriously, nobody wants to go out in public and see that. 
And, if it makes you feel any better, this is how my morning run went:

AND if you still need some smiles, here’s a picture of Bills in a Sombrero my roommie got her from Mexico:



We call her El Gato.

1 comment: