Monday, April 22, 2013

I Whip my Hurr Back and Forth


Have any of you ever walked around with straw on your head? Yeah, that yellow-brownish stuff that farm animals like to munch on. And, no, I don’t mean walking around with it in your hair; I mean walking around with it AS hair.

Yes, dear readers, you have unwittingly stumbled into another hair post.

So sit back and relax as I explain to you to what fields of hardship my hair took me to today.

It all began last night. I was sticking to my usual Sunday night routine of preparing my belongings for the dreaded Monday of classes. Since I have class at 11 on Mondays, I’ve made it a habit to pop over to the pool for an hour-long swim. I have to time it perfectly, waking up at seven so I can get in my swim and make it to class on time. However, this is beside the point.

I bring you back to last night. It was late. I had gotten home exhausted from a long day of working on papers for school (something I should be working on instead of writing this…) After slipping into my pajamas, I took stock of my swimming supplies. Swimsuit? Check. Towel? Check. Bag, hairbrush, detangling spray? Check. Shampoo? Soap? Conditioner? Oh? What’s that? I’m low on conditioner? Hm, no worries.
Me too, buddy. Me too. 
I strode confidently to the bathroom to remedy the situation only to find that I had not one drop of conditioner left. No biggie; I always have an extra stash of conditioner in my room. I opened my drawer and pulled out a Walgreens bag only to find…shampoo. And shampoo. And more shampoo. The same brand as my conditioner. The same design on the bottle. But. It. Was. Shampoo.

I had no time or energy to make the trek back to Walgreens, so I chose to forego the conditioner, just the conditioner, for a day.

Here’s what I ended up looking like the entire day:

Yep, I’m pretty sure a bird has taken up inhabitance. I’ve named him Earl.

Or Penelope, if it’s a girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment