Friday, May 10, 2013

Running Through a Flood...


It’s Friday, dear readers. And you know what that means!

No, seriously, what does it mean?
Darn it...

Anywho, since I’m sitting in Gregory’s Coffee with my lovely friend Nicole at the moment, pretending to do homework, I thought I’d stop in and write a little blog post.

…about the worst.day.of.my.week.

WHAT exactly made this day bad, you ask!?

WELL! Let’s start in the morning. I woke up to rain. And, generally, that doesn’t bother me. I can run in the rain. Heck, I LIKE running in the rain!

So, I put on some running clothes, laced up my shoes, and exited my building to a torrential downpour.

Being the determined person I am, I kept running, down the avenues, toward the East River.

…Oops?

It got to the point where I was no longer jogging, but sloshing through a flood of water that reached up to my knees.

I finished my run anyway.

OH, YEAH! And during my run, there was this dude sitting on a bench by the river IN THE RAIN

who always smiles and follows me with his eyes as I run past. Let me get this straight – I get it. Some people in this world are just naturally attractive when they exercise.
Literally.

I, however, am NOT one of these people. So, naturally, you should kindly STOP THAT, SIR.

AND! To top it all off, my brand new, awesome, pretty, arch-supported running shoes hurt my foot.

SO! After that, I went to work and then school – nothing particularly bad happened, but nothing great happened either, which should have been a sign!

Then, late after school, I went home. I’ve been living in a building with my lovely roommates since September. It’s a nice place in a great neighborhood. The only issue is that NOBODY ELSE IN THE BUILDING KNOWS ME!! What does this result in?

Well, I walked up to the front door right behind another tenant. He went inside, turned, shook his head, and closed the door in my face.

DO I NEED TO POST A PICTURE OF MYSELF IN THE LOBBY!? Seriously, folks, let’s get with the times.

Then, I went inside and did not enjoy anything for the rest of the day.

That showed him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment