Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Jim Hopkins!


For this blog post, I was stuck between the idea of complaining about formal-wear

and talking about why people no longer speak Old English

However, then it hit me, TODAY IS MY BROTHER’S BIRTHDAY! So, in honor of Jim Hopkins, I am going to dedicate this blog post to…his cat.

When I went to go visit my brother in Cleveland, I was greeted by the most surprising of things – namely, a friendly cat! His name is Hubert; he’s a little black ball of fur who likes climbing on suitcases and chasing things around (and clawing at people’s legs early in the morning.)

My brother inherited this cutie from his old roommate, who took Hubert in from the dastardly streets to give him a home that he could rule to his heart’s content.

When I went to visit, Hubert and I immediately became best friends. He and I did everything together. He stretched when I stretched. He did yoga when I did yoga. He even climbed up onto my bed in the middle of the night and plopped himself across my legs. Because he missed my presence that much.

When I woke up in the mornings, he would attack my legs with all the love in his little kitty heart.

And when I left, after my almost-week-long visit, he was heartbroken.

So, Hubert, I will dedicate this blog post to you in hopes that it will mend your little kitty heart until we next reunite.

…Oh, yeah, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM :D

No comments:

Post a Comment