Monday, January 21, 2013

The Brave Traveler Finds the Internet


Welp. Here it is. The internet. The brave traveler embarks on her first blog post. A little backgroud here – I’m currently sitting in my sister’s bed in an MIT grad dorm (Cambridge Massachusetts). You can usually find me occupying my own bed in New York City’s East Village, but I’m on vacation. With a very stiff neck. I am not pleased.
         
Since this winter break is the first time I’ve travelled in a long while, I texted my sister a bit of a personal narrative as a means of calming myself (I get terrible motion sickness) which went a little something like this – hint: I’m the brave traveler and it’s about a four hour bus ride to Boston:

And so the brave traveler arrives at the bus station.

And the brave traveler sets forth!

The brave traveler hath stopped at a gas station.

The brave traveler is peeved by the station’s lone women’s bathroom.

The brave traveler needeth to pee and does not understand why it takes women so long.

The brave traveler hath used the men’s bathroom and is now back on the bus.

The brave traveler hath administered hand sanitizer and has seaweed stuck in her teeth.

The brave traveler is now done eating. She requires tea and chocolate. But she is on a bus -.-.

The brave traveler is now entering the Massachusetts Turnpike.

The brave traveler is most pleased.

The brave traveler hath arrived.

The brave traveler’s butt hurts.

Still not convinced I’m crazy? Well, just wait until you see what I have for you next! Namely, him:

What Would Expressive Kitty Do? 
Ladies and gentlemen, meet Expressive Kitty. My fat, cynical creation who began as a school project and morphed into the star of a novel-in-progress, my startup bakery business, not to mention the brand I am currently forming. And, quite honestly, I’m more of a dog person.
           
Now, you may have a few questions. Why a cat, for example? Well, there’s a very simply explanation for that. EK actually started out as a doodle in the margins of high school notes. He had huge ears, small feet, and large, sparkling eyes. Over time, the drawing transformed into this. The species was between cat, owl, and frog. I decided he’s a fat, tailless cat. Makes sense.
            
And have I mentioned how self-centered he is? In Expressive Kitty’s eyes, the world revolves around him and… well, I’ll just show you.



Oh, yeah, and he’s an actor.

So prepare, internet, to read about epic adventures in the fields of baking, writing, working in childcare, living in New York City, and in the general disorganization that is my brain. Not to mention the cat. There’s always the cat.

Welcome to Chronicles of a Wandering Mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment